About.me is currently in private beta but users can still reserve their name until they receive notification that they can create their page. This is a new splash page/personal analytics dashboard that allows you to create a personalized page with a description about yourself. It also gives you weekly updates on your twitter and Facebook stats, as well as analyzing your social media reach. I have reserved a name and just received notification about starting my page! . In the meantime you can check out some other pages I found to be quite catchy. You can view Maggie Mason’s page of Mighty Girl as well as Kris Cain from Littletechgirl.com. I see so many uses for this site and it looks like the next big thing in social media as everyone is scrambling to reserve their names. Go reserve yours today at http://about.me.
picture courtesy of http://blog.lib.umn.edu/pete6513/architecture/homeless1.jpg
1) As soon as you find out her husband is deployed take it upon yourself to tell her exactly how you feel about the war and how WE shouldn’t be over there. WE? Are YOU over there, too?
2) Follow that up by asking how she feels about the President. Oh...don't get me started....
3) Look surprised and say, “I don’t know how you do it, I could never LET my husband do that.”
That's funny, now that you mention it, I don't recall Uncle Sam calling me up and asking my permission...
4) If she’s pregnant be sure and ask if the military is going to send her husband home for the birth.
I don't even know what to say to this one...
5) Tell her she should really consider getting additional life insurance since her husband has a good chance of getting killed.
Oh, don't worry, you as the tax-payer have already generously provided me with an excellent life insurance policy....
6) Remind her how lucky she is that her husband gets all that extra tax free money when he’s at war.
Hmmm...yeah. It does help to pay for all the babysitters and daycare that I have to get while I go to therapy....
7) Try to relate to her by saying you know just how she feels because your husband was out of town on business for a week last month.
Ahh...my favorite one. One question: did your husband miss Christmas and/or your kids' birthdays while he was on his horribly long business trip? No? Then Shut Up.
8 ) Ask her how she can be faithful for a whole year and if she worries about her husband cheating on her.
Faithful for a whole year? I'm trying to be faithful for my whole marriage. Am I worried about him cheating on me? Not really, I'm more worried about him, you know, getting killed.
9) Inquire on whether or not her husband has killed anyone.
Actually, yes. He's killed quite a few people. That's what he does, he's a highly trained, government contracted killer. Still want to come over for a BBQ?
10) Be sure to ask her when her husband comes home, if he’s done with the military or if he has to go back.
He comes home a year or more from when he left. No, he's not done with the military, it's kind of his job. Does he have to go back? I don't know, are they still killing each other in the Middle East? Yeah? Then probably....Besides, I wouldn't want to miss out on all that extra, tax-free money we're so lucky to get.
taken from http://thearmywifelife.blogspot.com/
They sang songs with positive themes that addressed feelings, missing a parent during deployment, etc. They gave every child a free elmo toy and had free dvd's and reading materials for parents to share with their children to ease the stress and anxiety of deployment. there were also activities before and after shows and the children were able to meet the characters. For the past two years they have traveled throughout the US and Europe at more than 64 military installations.
Here is the overseas 2010 TOUR SCHEDULE
Misawa Air Base – Japan – Jan 14 - 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Yokota Air Base – Japan – Jan 16 - 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Atsugi Naval Air Facility – Japan - Jan 19 - 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Commander Fleet Activities Yokosuka – Japan - Jan 21 - 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Camp Foster - Okinawa - Jan 26 - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Camp Kinser - Okinawa - Jan 28 - 6:00 p.m.
Kadena Air Base - Okinawa - Jan 30 - 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Camp Courtney - Okinawa - Feb 3 - 6:00 p.m.
Camp Humphreys - Korea - Feb 9 - 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Yongsan Army Garrison - Korea - Feb 10 - 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Osan Air Base - Korea - Feb 11 - 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Naval Fleet Marianas - Guam - Feb 16 - 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Anderson Air Base - Guam - Feb 18 - 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
To learn more visit http://www.sesameworkshop.org/initiatives/emotion/uso
Pearl Harbor is the most visited tourist attraction on the island of Oahu. I have been there 3 times. Yes you read that correctly...3 times! I have valid reasons though.