Day 279

Today marks day 279 that my husband has been deployed to Iraq. With less than 90 days to go I am feeling all the emotions that come with deployment and re-deployment. He left on my birthday last year which sucked. To make matters worse, we couldnt see him off that night, because I had morning sickness and was puking up everything except the baby itself. My daughter and I did go to the base and spent a few hours with him until he sent me home. I was so sick that HE couldn't take it anymore lol. It was BAD. What a day to be sick right! Fortunately, he was able to be home for the birth of our second daughter. She was born the day before his birthday and he left for Iraq the day after his birthday. My toddler took him leaving after R&R pretty well. We have been married for 6 years and he has been gone for a little over 3 of those years. We are pretty much used to him being gone a lot. Being an army wife takes a lot out of an individual. When you marry you don't realize that even though you are married you are a single parent for the most part a lot of the time. It takes a lot out of you. What are your experiences as an army spouse? Have you had to deal with a deployment?

No comments:

Post a Comment